In recent years, credit repair companies have gained considerable popularity. Many Americans are struggling with bad credit but aren’t sure how to repair their negative credit history.
As a result, they might look to a credit repair service like Lexington Law. This experienced firm is one of the biggest names in the credit repair industry, which means you’ve probably heard of it.
In your search for the best credit repair program, this review hopes to shed some light on one of the most reputable firms out there. We’ll also provide valuable background information on Lexington Law, how customers perceive the company, and an overview of how their credit repair process works.
Lexington Law review: Brief history and overview
The Lexington Law Firm began serving customers in 2004. Based in North Salt Lake, Utah, Lexington Law has another office in Tucson, Arizona. Today, it serves customers in 48 states (not including Oregon and North Carolina) and the District of Columbia.
In addition to credit repair services, Lexington Law also provides personal finance tools and identity protection services.
How does Lexington Law work?
As a credit repair firm, Lexington Law’s lawyers will work with credit bureaus on your behalf to challenge negative items on your credit report, which might include:
- Late payments on credit card bills
- Dispute letters
Due to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, credit bureaus — like Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion — must include only accurate and verifiable information on consumer credit reports. If any items on your credit report fail to meet these criteria or stem from a scam, the bureaus must remove them.
Once the bureaus remove any inaccurate or misleading entries on your report, you should see your credit score improve.
Pros and cons of Lexington Law’s credit repair services
● Easy-to-use smartphone app: A customer-friendly, well-made app that gets outstanding ratings from customers.
● Free consultation: Offers a free consultation to new clients, which is valuable to users who want to better understand their financial and credit history.
● Transparent fees with no upfront charges: Lexington Law doesn’t charge customers an upfront fee unlike most companies in this field.
● Personalized services: Lexington Law assigns a paralegal to each case, allowing you to work with the same person throughout the entire credit repair process.
● Credit monitoring available: Lexington Law offers two plans that offer credit monitoring services.
● Relatively expensive: The cheapest plan is $89.95, which can be costly for some consumers.
● No money-back guarantee: Many credit repair companies offer clients a refund if results aren’t up to par (i.e. no removal of negative items). However, Lexington Law doesn’t.
● Not BBB accredited: Lexington Law has a relatively low Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating of C.
● Unavailable in two states: Lexington Law doesn’t offer credit repair services in Oregon and North Carolina.
● Alleged legal violations: In 2019, The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) accused Lexington Law of violating federal laws.
Lexington Law services
Lexington Law offers three packages at different price points and service offerings.
1. Concord Standard
This is the basic plan, which covers the essentials of credit repair. This includes credit repair and credit interventions. Their credit dispute process involves identifying errors on your credit report and requesting the credit bureaus to remove those items.
Under the Concord Standard Plan, Lexington Law will also help you overcome bureau challenges by sending out credit intervention letters on your behalf to lenders and collection agencies. These include goodwill letters and debt validation letters.
The monthly fee for Concord Standard is $89.95.
2. Concord Premier
The Concord Premier plan is useful for customers who need additional help with credit repair. This plan includes monthly analyses and ongoing credit monitoring. Aside from the basic credit repair services, Concord Premier will also include:
● Credit Score Analysis
● TransUnion Alerts
The monthly fee for this plan is $109.95.
3. Premier Plus
In addition to basic credit repair services, monitoring, hard inquiry removal, and alerts, Premier Plus provides financial planning services. These include:
● FICO Score Tracker
● Identity Theft Protection Services
● Cease-and-Desist Letters
● Personal Finance Tools
Premier Plus will cost you $129.95 a month.
Is Lexington Law the best credit repair company?
With many years of experience helping consumers repair their credit, Lexington Law has established itself as one of the premier credit repair companies in the country. When you work with the firm, they will help you achieve good credit by conducting a credit repair review and facilitating creditor interventions on your behalf — providing a level of service you simply can’t deliver on your own in a time frame you can’t beat.
For more information on the easiest way to end up with better credit — including contact information, how to get a free credit report, and what a credit consultation is like — visit the Lexington Law website at lexingtonlaw.com.